Car Accident Lawyer in Covington, LA
Covington, LA car accident lawyer Tammy Karas-Griggs has been representing clients in the Covington, LA, and Mandeville, LA for car accident cases for the past 10 years providing successful legal representation to get you max compensation as a result of another’s negligence. If you were involved in a car accident at the fault of another, you need to determine if negligence was involved. Contacting an experienced auto accident lawyer could not be more important to get you the compensation you deserve for medical expenses, lost earning capacity, the mental anguish of living with your injuries, or the loss of a loved one.
Was Negligence a Factor?
First of all, a negligent action is when a person carries out an action with no care for the consequences it may have in harming another person. In the case of driving, every driver in Louisiana is responsible for not only their own safety, but for the life and safety of others on the road. Accidents commonly happen because not every driver sees the safety of others as a culmination of everyone’s actions. The moment you step into your vehicle, you are liable for yourself and everyone else around you – including pedestrians. To ensure that you keep yourself and others around you safe, there are certain mandated duties every driver must adhere to:
- Driving at a reasonable speed. Drivers are responsible for abiding by speed limits set in potentially dangerous driving areas to ensure the safety of those around them.
- Appropriate attentiveness to the road. Distractions must be removed when driving and proper attentiveness needs to be upheld. It only takes a moment of not paying attention to cause an accident.
- Proper control of the vehicle. Maintaining control of the car and an adequate distance away from other vehicles to ensure safe braking.
- Maintaining safety and functionality of the vehicle. Drivers are expected to ensure vehicles are well kept and in safe working condition with proper maintenance when needed.
Do you have a Negligence Claim?
In a personal injury claim, the goal is to determine that the defendant’s actions were careless and negligent and were the direct cause of harm that resulted from an auto collision. As the plaintiff, you need to be able to prove the following basic requirements:
- The defendant did not act with reasonable care. An experienced auto accident lawyer can evaluate the actions of the defendants driving and determine whether the defendant acted short of how a “reasonable” driver would have performed.
- The defendant’s actions caused harm to the plaintiff. For your claim to be justified, you must be able to demonstrate that your suffering was a direct result of the defendant’s actions.
- Suffering and/or damage occurred in the accident. Compensation for a car accident claim generally includes property damages, lost earning capacity or wages resulting from the affected party being unable to work due to treatments or harm, and compensation for pain and suffering.
Your Options: What now?
As part of the lawyer-client relationship, Tammy Karas-Griggs will sit with you to evaluate your case and gather as much information as possible to put together a formulated, fool-proof case that is advantageous for you and your situation. She will focus on getting you the most compensation possible for your damages, medical bills, and other accident-related expenses.
Car Accident Lawyer: Tammy Karas-Griggs Attorney At Law
From the road to the courtroom, Tammy Karas-Griggs Attorney At Law is at your disposal. She will leverage the legal system to award you the most money possible. Contact Tammy Karas-Griggs Attorney At Law for a consultation today or call (985) 247-0345.
Serving clients in the communities of Washington Parish, St. Tammany Parish, and Jefferson Parish including Covington, Mandeville, Slidell, Hammond, Ponchatoula, Madisonville, Metairie, Hammond, Kenner, Livingston, and more!